Sunday, March 1, 2009

Technoligical Whirlwind

This class is challenging my notions about the traditional school and I'm trying to anticipate how this will affect the nature of education. More and more states are allowing high school students to take online classes. Home schoolers, students in rural districts, and ambitious students and pareents are demanding more offerings and access to online education. Will there come a time when a number of courses are offered online as they are at the community college and university levels? What will be the impact on educators and their institutions?

As I see the daily newspaper struggling to survive amidst the new technology, will traditional schools face the same considerations? How can we argue against students taking courses on-line when I myself do it every year?

No comments:

Post a Comment